Sunday 11 October 2015

Day 18 - 11th October

Lilydale

Distance Travelled - 0 km

Today was a very lazy day. I slept in until about 9.30 am after waking for the first time around 7 am. Had breakfast and headed to the main house for a chat and to find out what was happening for the day. Nothing much was planned as Michelle starts work again tomorrow and was making the most of her last day off.

I headed back to the flat and started planning the next part of my travels which will predominately take me down the east coast of Tassie down to Port Arthur and then back up to Lilydale via Mount Field National Park. This route should hopefully give me access to at least 4 more lighthouses, possibly as many as 6 depending on distances and access to islands etc.

Planning for the trip was interspersed with reading and a nap or two and it was somewhat of a surprise to be told tea was ready not long after 6 pm. It was amazing that the day had disappeared so fast. Shane cooked yet another wonderful tea and we chatted for a while before I went outside to try to take a few photos of the birds around their property. Failing light and my inability to easily distinguish them in the trees (I blame my colour blindness) meant that I was not overly successful, in fact I only got one shot of one bird.

After that I had a few phone calls home to make and by then it was about 9.30 pm my time. I have a few things to still do packing wise for tomorrow so decided to write the blog and post it and then I will do a little packing and have an early night ready for an earlyish start tomorrow. My proposed final destination for tomorrow is Mt William National Park and Eddystone Lighthouse.

 A couple more photos from yesterday
 
                                         A mushroom at Brickendon Gardens

                      Wooden gates at Brickendon Estate - converted to Black and white

                                            A bird in evening light at Michelle and Shane's

                                  A young fig on the back balcony at Michelle and Shane's

No comments:

Post a Comment