Saturday 30 May 2015

Day 48 - 30th May

Desert Oaks campsite to Tropic of Capricorn campsite

Distance Travelled - 212.4 km

Woke up at 6.30 am but went back to sleep until 7.30 am feeling quite tired still. Finally got up and packed away a somewhat wet tent fly and moist tent from dew and condensation. Left the campsite about 8 am. Drove the 167 or so km towards Alice and on the way saw some eagles feasting on some road kill. Pulled over and took a few photos, getting surprisingly close. Several flew away as a truck rumbled past but one came back as I was walking up and seemed quite ok with my presence for a while before I got too close and he moved off.

Continued into Alice and did  bit of shopping and investigating of repairs to the stretcher tent. At one stage in opening it the leg caught part of the flywire and put a tear in it. No one I talked to was interested in helping so I bought a bit of cloth tape and decided to attempt a running repair later.
Made a few phone-calls and finally left about 3 pm. Drove the 30 or so km to the Tropic of Capricorn campsite where I stayed on  my first venture into Alice and set up the tent to dry out and made a few repairs. Will see how long it lasts. Had a quick bottle shower and then finished reading my book, wrote my blog and started sorting photos before getting tea and going to bed. Tomorrow I plan to drive towards Tennant Creek, stopping for photos at the Devil's Marbles - about 400 km from here apparently. Then it will be on towards Litchfield National Park and Darwin.



No comments:

Post a Comment