Monday 27 April 2015

Day 15

Macclesfield to Adelaide to Strathalbyn to Macclesfield

Distance Travelled - 124.8 km

Today was a very laid back affair. Although I woke at 4.50 am much to my disgust, I was able to finally to drift in and out a bit and listen to music and get up about 8.30 am. Sorted a few things in my room and then went to do my washing in the main house at Aunty Jan and Uncle John's. Spent some time listening to a kookaburra and looking at kangaroos before heading off into the city to get my camera.

The drive down was very pleasant although lots of the coloured leaves have fallen off the trees and have been ruined by the rain. It was still a very pretty drive though. Got to the city and managed to get the camera without any dramas.

On the way home I went through Stirling, Aldgate and Mylor looking at more coloured leaves and trees. Found an amazing array of colours (even for a colour-blind guy) and collected them for photographs later. It was a drive home through stunning scenery and majestic views - way too hard to adequately capture in a photo so I just enjoyed the views as I drove.

Continued through to Strathalbyn where I visited some more antique shops and spent more time drooling and wishing. Came home and spent time talking to Aunty Jan and Uncle John about their property and house. They built the house themselves over a period of about 4 years and have a beautiful home to show for it. Set on 90 acres it is surrounded by bush with lovely tall trees and an abundance of kangaroos and birds - watch the blog tomorrow for photos.


After a yummy tea it is time to write and then start preparing for tomorrow when I head towards the Yorke Peninsula. 


Coloured leaves - Stirling SA


Dead trees near Macclesfield

No comments:

Post a Comment