Monday 3 August 2015


Day 113 - 3rd August
Macclesfield to Streaky Bay
Distance Travelled - 786.8 km
After another peaceful night of sleeping I woke at 6.30 am and got out of bed just before 7 am. Had a shower, breakfast and packed the remainder of my stuff into the car and prepared myself to leave. Went and saw Aunty Jan and Uncle John in the main house to say goodbye. It has been great getting to know them better and I have certainly appreciated their very generous hospitality and warm welcoming of me.
Left just after 8 am and headed through the city and out towards Port Pirie with rain falling most of the way. Stopped for a slightly early lunch and a stretch at Port Pirie and then headed on towards Port Augusta and beyond. Rain continued to fall most of the way but was starting to become more intermittent.
After travelling by Port Augusta I continued on to Kimba where I got out and had another stretch and grabbed an ice coffee. Not far out of Kimba I stopped to snap a couple of photos of an old / abandoned / no longer used house that appeared on first glance to perhaps have some photographic merit. Grabbed a few shots before the rain came down again and then headed off towards Streaky Bay.
Arrived at Streaky Bay and stopped at the jetty for a walk and stretch of the legs after driving for some time today. Walked out to the end of the jetty and then back into and around town for a while although most of the shops were closed as it was nearly 5.30 pm by this stage. After my walk went out and found the campsite for tonight. It is the same one that I stayed at on the way over but this time it appears I will be by myself. As I write my blog I am still the only one at the campsite whereas last time there would have been about 8 groups totaling about 25 people all up. I wonder how the Canadian girls I spoke to last time I was here are going. From memory they were heading towards Perth to work for a while and then planning on going up the coast towards Broome.
After getting to camp I had tea and started on the blog and photos. I will wait until a bit later to decide about sleeping arrangements. I think I should be able to get the tent under the shelter that is set up over the picnic table her but I will wait and see what develops in the way of wind of rain before making a final decision of where to put the tent or if it is better to sleep in the car.
Tomorrow the plan is to head to Ceduna and then on to Eucla or there abouts, about 620 km. There are a stack of camping sites either side of Eucla and the state border so it wont be too hard to find somewhere to stay.

                                       Interpretation of house ruins near Kimba (HDR image)

                                       Interpretation of house ruins near Kimba (HDR image)

                                       Interpretation of house ruins near Kimba (HDR image)

                                       Interpretation of house ruins near Kimba (HDR image)

                                      Interpretation of house ruins near Kimba (HDR image)

                                       Interpretation of house ruins near Kimba (HDR image)

No comments:

Post a Comment